Library Media Center
The mission of the Altus High School Media Center is to provide resources, instruction, and encouragement to connect readers with good books, searchers with solutions to problems, and provide all learners with successful information skills.
Altus High School Media Center Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives of the Altus High School Media Center are:
- to promote the goals of the Altus Public Schools;
- to support the mission of Altus High School;
- to provide physical and virtual access to a wide range of current resources in multiple formats for instructional support and personal satisfaction;
- to teach skills for effective location, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, evaluation, and communication of knowledge;
- to facilitate resource-based teaching, to integrate information literacy throughout the curriculum:
- to collaborate with teachers in instructional design and professional development;
- to guide students and staff in intellectual freedom concerns and the ethical use of information;
- to partner with administration, staff, students, the public library, parents, and community members to enhance the school library media program and services.